Vogue ‘s 101 on dressing like Rihanna
2013 was definetly the year of the Ri. From her world Diamonds tour, to her successful collaboration with Rap Prince Emin3m, Rihanna showed us why she is the best thing since free wifi. It came as no surprise when Vogue announced her as March’s cover girl from the elite magazine, making it her 3rd time cover. The issue (which is highly entertaining) touches on some interesting facts on the secret to Riri’s effortlessly ‘cool’ image and gives a few hints on how to bring out your inner island girl turned major superstar. I’ve picked out a few of Rihanna’s gems and complied a list for all you navy’s out there!
• Get a weave - Rihanna says having a weave is incredibly important. ‘The great thing about a weave is whenever you’re bored, you can change it up’ she says in the article
• Beauty is pain. Wear those sky high heels anyway! - Rihanna says a key element to her cool look is always pairing her outfit with an amazing pair of (really) high heels! She dances away the night in a pair of Yvs Laurents and worries about the pain later!
• Wear (quality) fake jewelry. Even Ri does - believe it or not, Ri most of the time Rihanna doesn’t wear real diamonds! All of her jewls come from a reputable Claire’s store or her mom’s boutique in Barbados
•Oversized jackets > everything - the pop singer adores Oversized jackets. She finds them fierce and great for a night out on the red carpet or to a fancy club. Leather is her ultimate favourite and she says every girl should have at least 1 big Jacket in her closet.
•Mac eyeliner. Lots and lots of Mac eyeliner - Ri adores Mac products but she says if she could pick one product out of the entire line, it would be the eyeliner.
• Expand your instagram - Rihanna follows a lot of diverse people, middle eastern girls being her current fave. She says its important to keep up with trends all over the world.
• Shop in the Boy’s department - keeping in tune with her oversize Jackets, Rihanna says she also finds a lot of “really cool shit” in the Boys section. Boyfriend jeans, Rolling stone oversized tees and baseball hoodies are a must!
For more tips on Rihanna’s style, cop the March issue of Vogue US!
Springfield comes to Sandton!
Last week showed our favourite stylista bring out her inner 2Pac as she donned a bandana and headed out to Gautengs elite surburb of Sandton for the launch of a particularly special hybrid: Converse and The Simpsons! Looking ever so glam, Sarah got to see first hand what happens when to incredible brands get together and make a shoe baby! The Genius behind the Sandton launch and owner of Crosstrainer and Crosstrainer Trend, Julian, spoiled his guests with Simpson decorated cupcakes and a first preview look at the simpson converse shoe. The design of the all star features graphics specially chosen for the entire family consisting of Homer, Marge, Maggie, Bart and Lisa. Even after 25 seasons The Simpsons remains the most ground breaking and innovating entertainment franchise and converse saw that as such a great platform to reach out to fans and help bring them closer to their favourite characters. I must say, I adore this collection and would def cop me a Homer pair for my beau. Check out the shoes below (prices ranging from R699.95 - R1199.95) and let us know if you’d rock Simpsons on your feet!